Crooked Kaholo

This morning I took the weights off of my kaholo's deck. I must have bumped my supports underneath because it is way out of plumb. I don't know of anyway to repair it. I guess I will just have to tell people that I can paddle circles around them--I don't think u can go straight. Any ideas?

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Crooked Kaholo

I put too much weight on top of my kaholo while glueing on the deck and developed a 1/2" twist between front and back.  Initially quite bummed, I decided to go with it dubbing her  Twisted Sister.  In 2 years of paddling since, I have never noticed any pulling to one side or the other. No one has ever noticed the twist either.

That being said, You may be able to seperate with a heat gun, and scrape, grind , sand of epoxy before redoing.

Happy paddling!

Thanks. It makes me feel better knowing that the twist did not effect the tracking too badly. I thought about trying to use use a heat gun to remove the deck. I just think I would be better to just start over if I wanted to undertake that challenge. Thanks again for the help.

I have a little twist in mine caused by supports shifting during the process of tack welding the hull, hoping it doesn't effect performance much.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.