Filling holes left by wires in stitch & glue

I have trouble filling the holes left by the wires in the stitch & glue construction. I want them to visually disappear, but a small dimple always remains. I've tried filling twice........doesn't help. Is there a secret to making them smooth or should I just paint them irridescent orange and call it good?

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Filling holes left by wires in stitch & glue

You could go to extremes to hide the holes like mixing the dust from your orbital sander with epoxy to create a matching "spackle" or you could except them as part of the birthing proccess (like a belly button on a  super model).

Either way they will be invisable from 10 feet away. (Ten foot rule)

Of course if you go with orange your super model will look more like Little Orphan Annie.

I'm building a Kaholo now, and I'm using round tooth picks to fill the holes.  Stick the tooth pick in the hole firmly, then snip it flush. Works great!

Sean

Thanks for the replies. I like the toothpick idea. Maybe I'll just clip off the inside point, leave the outside point sticking out......the boat will look like that fish that puffs itself up and is all prickly.........great idea.......better than orange.

Catboater,

I always use the analogy of rivet heads for riveted ships as the reason not to hide the stitch holes.Your belly button on a supermodel analogy is much more elegant.

Laszlo

Hmmmmm . . . makes the mind wander.   

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.