web site"improvements"

whatever you did to this website  i can't see the pictures anymore, i tried a couple different computers

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: web site"improvements"

Greg,

Maybe it's your service provider. I can see the pictures just fine from all my work and home computers. Did your browser get updated recently (either by you or through an automatic update?) Has there been a security/firewall update done to your machines? Were the machines you tried all connected to the same service provider? Can you see this one?

It's coming my my domain, not the CLC domain.

Laszlo

Some web browsers Opera for one, can optionally supress the display of images. This is done to speed up the display of text content when on slow connections.

Other sources could be your firewall or your ISP.

Greg - if you are referring to the "view main photo gallery" and "view construction gallery" links on the various product pages and not just all pictures on the site, then I'm seeing the same thing here. The links no longer load the pop-up window with the photos. They haven't worked for me for quite a few days now. This is in Internet Explorer. I just tried Chrome & FireFox and the photos displayed OK there.

Keith

I use both Internet Explorer 9 and 10 and have no isuses.

There are options that can be set for how IE works.

yeah i meant the main photo and construction  pics i ve tried several differetncomputers at different locations  ever since the had the blue caption nothing works

Greg, we just can't reproduce what you're seeing (or not seeing, as the case may be).  This is the only report we've had of issues with image display---the photo galleries are, by a giant margin, where all of our site traffic is happening.  If you can, ask a friend or family member to take a look from their computer.  I suspect it's a rogue setting in your browser.  So sorry for the hassles!

I have the same problem with (view main photo gallery or view construction gallery).

Got it. I reproduced the problem here on my computer. For the boat description pages, clicking on the thumbnails does not change the large image to the one I clicked on, and clicking on the gallery buttons does nothing. Is that everyone's problem?

The cause is connected to javascript. To reproduce the problem I just turned javascript off. Turning javascript back on fixed it.

Either the browsers never had javascript turned on in the past (and it didn't make any difference until the newest version of the CLC website), javascript got turned off somehow on the troubled browsers or the new website is using javascript features that older browsers don't support.

Hope this helps out there,

Laszlo

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.