Mill Creek 16.5 Build well under way

It hasn't been a perfect process but I am relatively happy with the process and progress so far. If anyone is interested in my log of it, it can be seen on my Facebook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CorDal-Woodworking/425023900870390?ref=hl

this is a first wooden boat build for me and I have learned a lot and feel like there is still a lot to learn!

Betty

1 reply:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Mill Creek 16.5 Build well under way

Hi Betty-

I peeked at your FB pics.  Great job- looks like you're almost there!   My first build was a Mill Creek 13' and I, too, made an epoxy blunder that had to be pryed/cut apart (I didn't know about the heat gun trick).  Got it covered up with a ribbon.  :-)  No one else knows, unless I blab.

I'm starting my second SnG build (a Shearwater) and I really wanted to stain it, but I was worried it wouldn't come out well, so I chickened out.  If you had issues with the stain, I guess I'm glad I didn't try.

This fall I decided to strip the varnish off the bottom of my Mill Creek and put on a coat (or two) of graphite-epoxy.  The snags in the rivers around me are viscious to a flat bottom boat...

Thanks for posting the pics. They were fun to see and brought back memories. :-)

helen

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.