Boat in CLC shop

I just took a quick look at the shopcam, just before John walked in and turned off the lights, and spotted an interesting looking boat in the back. Green, with real bottom pain and no deck. Anyone at CLC willing to tell us about it?

Laszlo

8 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Boat in CLC shop

I was watching as they wheeled this old boat in. It's a 21ft Itchen Ferry Cutter. Looks to be needing lots of work on the interior and deck. Wondering if John is going to put a cabin on her? John's motto seems to be "So many boats - so little time".

Chesapeake Heavy Craft.

I hope John writes up his work on the Itchen Cutter - it's history and his plans for her restoration and future. Our friend Paul Gartside has designed this beautiful 20ft. Itchen Ferry Cutter - I guess John is just Itchen for a top sail. Chesapeake Heavy Craft indeed!

Laszlo says, "Green, with real bottom pain..."  Is that a fruedian typo/slip?  Hilarious.  

Sorry, it's just a typo.

Or maybe somehow it's related to using a butt block instead of a scarf joint?

Nah, just a typo. Wish this forum had an edit feature. I'm also jealous that I got beaten to the "itchen" pun.

Have fun,

Laszlo

I guess sometimes you have to explore the outer edges to find out where Chesapeake Light Craft ends and Chesapeake Not-so-Light Craft begins.

That there be a darn fine vessel, my mate! Right up my alley!

Between the Folkboat and the Itchen Cutter the man's got great taste.

Fair winds

Chris

I'll have to drop by during daylight hours and see if the Itchen Cutter is within sight of the shopcam.

I've always admired Paul Gartside's designs. He's only a ferry ride and stone's throw away from me. As much as I liked his boats, the PocketShip caught my eye when it was announced. It has the advantage of being trailerable, and being smaller, will also be less expensive to build. I just hope I get started before the moths get in there and eat the paper plans!

Keith

It's an Itchen Ferry cutter, but it's not a Gartside (would that it were!).  Designer and builder unknown.  

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.