paint color

There are many CLC boats painted white with accent colors and bright work, very attractive and classy simplicity. Is the white used a true white or off white shades and is it usually a high gloss? Just wondering. Thanks, Ken.

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: paint color

I usually have sunglasses on when I'm outside, whether on the water or not, but regarding white paint in the cockpit of an open boat, has anyone thought it was a bit bright on the eyes? I was about to use some "off white" paint with that in mind, but I might still use some white for an accent.

I will be using something more like "high gloss" on the outside on the next project than I used on the first, a DD Argie 10. It was fun, but the next one will be from one of the CLC plans that I have.

Keith

I would go for an Ivory white. I think pure bright white is a bit too cold and harsh, like a washing machine.

What about Hatteras Off-white? A classic shade and available from CLC.....   

Looks like an off white is what is usually used. The 1st Peeler ( which is my build) mentions in the building manual of a glossy gray for the seats,,, but it looks white. Thanks for your input.  Ken.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.