NE Dory Footage

All, my wife and I put together a video of our trips on the Maine Island Trail in our NE Dory Preserved Killick this summer.  We had a blast, even though we didn't have as much time as last year.  I watched a lot of youtube dory videos while we were building her, so I'd like to offer this humble submission to the genre.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKh8TSeNlQ

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: NE Dory Footage

Another great video! I had to go back and watch your last one again after watching this one. Looking forward to your next adventure in the Dory.

George K

Beautiful! Inspirational!

A few questions, if you don't mind:  1. Where did you launch from? 2. What was the island at 5:22? 3. What was the port at 9:29?

Thanks for posting this!

Jim

Mmmm! Toasted cheese. Which it will be ready when it is ready.

Laszlo

What really makes this video special and different from all the run of the mill sailing videos is:

1. Editing

2. A good camera

3. Editing

4. Imaginative variation in scenes, instead of 10 minutes of bolted down camera

5. Editing

6. Photogenic boat & crew

7. Editing

Thanks for a superb video.

Laszlo

Great video. Oh to be that young and flexable again. Where's my Woodsman's Fly Dope?

JimNorman: Since you asked, this video actually includes footage from two separate trips.  The first one we departed from and returned to SW Harbor Town Landing.  This was a great place to launch from bc there is a boat supply store right there (and the coast guard).  The island at 522 is from our second trip and is a little island just off of Naskeag PT.  If you are a MITA member, I think you can see the one I mean.  The harbor that is not shown is Bass Harbor.  This is another great launching point bc there is long term free parking (for car and trailer), and it's closer to Penobscot Bay.   

@Laszlo I'm glad someone else out there appreciates Killick's ornery wit.  The most oft repeated POB quote heard on our boating adventures isn't Killick though unfortunately.  When we find ourselves slightly lost we often decide to never mind the manoeuvres, and just go straight at 'em.

Love both these videos.  Fantastic job!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.