Spray Skirt

I plan on ordering the Arctic Hawk for my next build. I was looking at spray skirts that would fit the 16 x 20 cockpit but did not seem to be able to find any that would fit that size. Would it be a 1.2 ? I kind of get the impression you would have to special order one. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any web sites where I could look at skirts that would fit. Thanks, Mark

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Spray Skirt

I ordered my spray skirt from CLC with my kit. It was the one they recommended for my Petrel, and it's fine and fits right.

I've had good luck with NRS in general. They ship promptly and, when I returned something, they processed it quickly and without hassle.

http://www.nrs.com/category/2744/kayak-touring/sprayskirts-covers

I have also ordered from CLC.  If you are looking for a wider variety of designs, I think NRS includes a look up list that includes CLC kayaks, and tells you what size you might need.

Ed

Thanks for the information

Look into a Seals skirt which lists an Artic Hawk as a 1.2 on their website. We have Tropical Tours (for our Shearwaters) which are very high quality and worth a few extra dollars for the absolute dryness they give us.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.