Info sought...

Sorry to seem to be hogging the Forum – ‘newbie’, very keen to make progress!

(1)    Is there a means of contacting/ being contacted by, other members via some kind of personal messaging, as on other sites?   I cannot locate a link for it here…

(2)    I have tried also to join the <Seakayak Forum.com>, but to register need to be able to answer their question – who is the founder of the Forum?   I haven’t a clue – any helpers out there please?

Thanks…

L of S

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Info sought...

Have you tried to browse the forums especially the admin or general forums?

It appears Tim and Max co-founded the forums. This question is used to keep web crawler prgrams from logging in since it requirres some manual searching and edge of the box thinking to find the names.

Thanks, George, but Tim and Max don't cut it!   I understand the reason behind it, but this is ridiculous - talk about chicken and egg!   You cannot get into the site to find out the founders' names, and need those to access the site initially.   Ridiculous and frustrating!

L of S

I can't find the info to register there either. But not only is this site a great source, Nick Schade has a forumm as well on his site, http://www.kayakforum.com/.

George K

Thanks again, George - after at least half-a-dozen tries I give up.   As you say, THIS is an excellent site (I've been here before, back in 08, as 'Wordsmith' then) and the other you mention above will, I'm sure, provide plenty of other useful info and advice and inspiration.

As Groucho Marx might have said, I wouldn't want to join any Forum that makes it so hard to participate!

L of S  

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.