Skerry non skid floor

Hi,

we are just about to finish the interior varnishing and are thinking of adding a layer of non skid varnish to the floor boards. We are not shure how important this is and what effects it could have when sitting in the boat. Should it be also on the 1st panel? Another question is how does it influence a future revarnishing?

Would be great if anyone could share his experience.

Thanks!

Reinhard

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Skerry non skid floor

I think this is similar to the satin finish question submitted on Oct 2 in that the thing to be concerned about is UV protection.  Does the non-skid varnish have it?  One person pointed out that the reflective quality of high-gloss varnish is a large part of the protection.  So even if you put several coats of gloss varnish on then covered it with non-skid, you would still be taking away the reflection part of the protection.

In my Skerry, I painted the floor and did not have any problems with slipping--and paint gives the best UV protection.  I decided to put non-skid mats over the paint anyway though, but this was mostly to protect the paint.

I tend to kneel some when I sail, though not always. Would a non-skid floor wear on your knees?

Pat

Actually I don't have idea on non skid varnish. Can you please post some pic of it ?

[url=http://www.seloger.com/immobilier/viagers/ville/]viager[/url]

The non-skid floor mats CLC sells are rubber-like, about 3/16 to 1/4" thick.  So I think they would be easier on knees. 

The non-skid floor mats CLC sells are rubber-like, about 3/16 to 1/4" thick.  So I think they would be easier on knees. 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.