Footbraces on Duckling

Hi,

Plans for the Duckling just arrived Friday and I see the kit (I'll be doing a scratch build) doens't include footbraces. This seems like a purposeful omission- anyone know why? I figured I'd add them anyway but I'm curious in case there's some reason not to.

Thanks,

Patrick

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Footbraces on Duckling

I built one of these from a kit from Fyne Boats, and it came with footbraces. I haven't installed them yet, as the kids are too small to commit to where mount them. Instead, I used a big foam block cut to the shape of a bulkhead, wedged in. i can move this back until both kids have grown enough leg length. Then I'll fit the footrests.

Thanks, Beaker. I figured it had something to do with rapidly growing kiddies. I had hoped I could installl them prior to joining the deck and hull and then adjust the seat (like on a Big Wheel!) to compensate beyond the adjustable footbraces.

I guess I'll buy them and play it by ear.

Thanks,

Patrick

Am finishing a CLC kit Duckling now and it came with Keeper Footbraces allowing for a good range of fit.

That's interesting -- I have built three Wood Ducklings and none of them came with foot braces. Nor have the kids expressed any interest in having them. I think they'd just get in the way of a good time for them.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.