Royalty for plans reusing

Hi, people:

I've build a Night Heron in past and I didn't discard the plans. A friend of mine wants to build a NH based in my plans. I know I've to pay a royalty for this. Do you know how much it costs?. Could I pay via credit card?.

We want reuse my plans because shipping taxes and  additional costs in our country in buying in foreign countries. It's nearly the cost of plans!!!.

I've asked clcboats via email ([email protected], [email protected]) and facebook days ago about the royalty  but I didn't receive an answer. I'm absolutly good faith in this. I want to pay de royalty but I can't do it if CLC don't tell me how much it costs.

Thanks in advance.
Ivan

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Royalty for plans reusing

Hello Ivan,

My experience has been that CLC has a very fair royalty for friends/family. I won't quote my cost as they may vary by design (mine was a Wood Duck.)

Keep trying and be patient, they may have been busy or your message lost. Maybe contact by phone?

I believe John C. was testing the Coastal Expedition boat and then working the Woodenboat Show at Mystic. He probably has a large backlog of emails to answer.

When I asked CLC about royalty I was told same price as the original plan. I did not think that was consumer friendly . . .

Thanks everybody!. I'll keep trying but I asked first time at 18/06. I didn't contact by phone because my poor english. Hokeyhido, sskiff... Can you tell me, please, how did you contact clc?

Thanks again.

Ivan,

Did you try the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page? That gets you right to the technical support staff. John's e-mail address is his personal company address and no one else will look at it if he's busy. He will eventually answer, but it may take a while for him to work through his inbox. The [email protected] is also a generic address. The contact link will get you right in.

BTW, If your spoken English is even half as good as your written English than you should be easily understandable on the phone.

Good luck,

Laszlo

Yes, Lazlo. I´ve tried contact form and [email protected]. Still no luck. I'll keep trying. Thanks

Since the NH was designed by Nick Schade maybe try contacting him directly if CLC does not respond.  I am pretty sure that CLC is paying him royalties for every kit and set of plans for guillemot designs that they sell. His Website is:

http://www.guillemot-kayaks.com

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.