Finished my Dory!

Dory

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Finished my Dory!

She is well done indeed. Very nice work - I also like your color scheme. How does she row? Are you going to add a sail in the future?

I couldn't get the pic to resize itself...But you get the idea.  I used Hatteras Off White from Interlux.  I'm almost done with the sailing components for a lug rig.  I just need to do one more coat of varnish (it seems like I'm always saying this) and get some rope to rig it all up.  She rows nicely!  I had the whole family and it wasn't too difficult to keep it straight.

Erik,

It looks great!  I'm about 90% done with my Northeaster build.  I figure 2-3 weeks till I hit the water.  Still need to buy a trailer for her.

I can't wait to see you pictures under sail!

Skip

I'm inspired!  Just started painting my own dory, priming the interior for Hatteras Off White, with Sea Green on the exterior.  Saw from Facebook that you are in Delaware.  My boat will spend most of its time on the bays around Bethany Beach.  Hope to run into you (make that along side of you).  Frank

Pic - right click > click on "open in new tab" and presto, full size of this beautiful boat!

http://i.imgur.com/PFnPyiw.jpg

You did a great job very classic look

Frank,

I'd love to sail and row around Bethany...where exactly do you plan to put it?  Thanks to everyone for the compliments...its weird getting compliments for something I actually built.  If I can do it, trust that you can (and probably much better).

E

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.