Need a 1/8 drill bit with 3/8 countersink. Where to buy?

As part of my Chester yawl build< I need a 1/8" drill bit with 3/8" countersink.  This is new to me.

Having trouble finding it without buying a set, Went to Home Depot and local hardware store with no luck.   Any suggestions.

Also, some places list sizes in numbers such as size 10.  Anyone know the equivalent to 1/8"?

Thanks in advance for any help.

RichMPL

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Need a 1/8 drill bit with 3/8 countersink. Where to buy?

With all the trouble wouldn't it be easier to get a 1/8 bit and a 3/8 forstner bit? Two gallons of gas you wasted could have been spent on tools. While yer at it get a 3/8 dowel to cap the screw hole.

Km

Previous advice would be for counterbore (flat bottom, round head screw) vs.countersink (tapered, flat head screw).  Most hardware stores sell a 3 pack of countersink bits for less than the cost of a single forstner bit.  If you cant get the right drill/countersink combo, you can get a countersink bit which will drill a tapered countersink on top of your 1/8" hole.  Screw dimensions can be referenced at the link below- it sounds like your 1/8 screw is equivalent to a #4 size screw.:  

http://www.mcfeelys.com/tech/dimensions.htm

Thanks HShanley for your helpful response.  I really appreciate it

.RichMPL

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.