Rudder Pintles - Passagemaker Dinghy

Hi everyone!

Has anyone else had a hard time mounting the pintles on the rudder head?  The CLC site says "Pintle will accept a rudder up to 1-1/2" thickness.", but out of the bag, they seem way too narrow and bend out.

Am I supposed to bend them to fit?  I don't want to ruin them.

Thanks!

7 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Rudder Pintles - Passagemaker Dinghy

Are you building from a kit?  My rudder assembly is 1 1/4 inch wide and the pointless fit perfectly.

Come join us on the Passagemaker builders forum: www.pmdbuilders.net

Jim

Thanks Jim! after some bending, the pintles went on beautifully.  I've been lurking over at pmdbuilders.net but I have to add my name to the chorus of people who have been unsuccessful with what appears to be a quarrelsome registration proces.  I would LOVE to be able to post over there.

Jim, I'm registered for pmbuilders.net but I cannot get in.  I'd love to post my project over there and get input.  My kit came with an extra set of daggerboard sides and a retro-fit for the lug rig.  I was really confused until I put a call into CLC and we worked out the extra pieces.

@azucha Yeah I'm not sure who the moderatro is over there, but it's pretty frustrating

Been waiting for 3.5 months for approval on the PM blog site.  I have given up on it

On February 23rd the moderator of the PMDBuilders forum posted a note under "New Member Activation", explaining his issues with spam filters. 

Check it out. We'd love to have you over there..I get tired of being the only one posting there.

Thanks for the info.  I sent E mail

My hull is almost complete... this has not been a smooth build for me.

I have some issues to work out that have shown up.

Have a great day

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.