Mill Creek hybrid 16.5 glassing underside of deck.

The instructions for the deck preparation for the Mill Creek 16.5 hybrid come from the shearwater hybrid manual.  They require the underside of deck be glassed, in some places with two layers.  The kit for the mill creek includes enough glass for the exterior glassing but nothing for the inside.  Am I missing a critical instruction somewhere or is expected that you use the excess from the exterior to piece together the underside.  Confused I am.

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Mill Creek hybrid 16.5 glassing underside of deck.

That extra glass on teh deck of the Shearwater hybrid is to strengthen the deck were you sit when getting into the boat.  The MC does not require tht type of entry so I do net see any need for the extra glass.  I built my MC five years ago and have never stressed that deck.

Good luck,

PAG

You will need to purchase more glass for the underside of the deck.  Just glass on the top deck side is not enough to stiffen up the deck.  As for doubling up in other areas thats new to me.   I have not built the MC16.5 but have built 4 MC13 with two of them being a hybrid.  Just remember when you glass the underside, at the sametime epoxy the deck  to the boat.

Lance

Thanks Lance!

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.