SUP Leash attachment/ Deck Plate Location

I have seen the standard web loop for attaching the leash. Wondering if anyone has anything different they have done?

I have seen somewhere on the Forum flush deck line (bungee) mounts that might be a good way to go?

Just looking for ideas to do it a little differently.

Also, anyone have any good reasons for mounting the deck plate in the front versus back of the SUP? just wondering. I dont see an issue either way.

Thanks

David

David

3 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: SUP Leash attachment/ Deck Plate Location

I launch my SUP off a dock that, depending on the state of the tide, can be 3' above the water and I use the leash to pull it up. You may find that you have occasion to put a strain on yours too, so be sure the attachment point is strong. I used a SS pad eye on the stern.  As far as the deck plate is concerned, put it where it fits your design with the caveat that you may sit or kneel on your board to access the deck plate while under way and it 's probably better to have it forward of the mid point in that case..

SEEYA JAck

Thanks for the input Jack!

David

This is the way we made leash loops on our old surfboards when we went from no leash to days of leash. we would use fiberglass cloth shreded into rope glassed all toghther over a pencil wrapped in wax paper.Once the resin dried you could pull the pencil out leaving astrong clear leash attachment. Sand it and away you go. I have broken many of leashes and surfboards but never to the failure of my leash attachment. Basic home made fairlead.Aloha

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.