I have my "Skerry in progress" on a couple of saw horses with a piece of plywood beneath acting as a shelf for boxes of brushes, paint etc. Today I have it turned over and routed out the daggerboard slot. As I was finishing the routing there were some sparks, from what I don't know, I think the bearing on the router bit went bad. I put on a fan to blow the dust out of the garage and went into the house for a few minutes. When I went back out to the garage it was full of smoke. The box of brushes and a plastic bin with my filet tools had a pile of sawdust on them and they were both smoldering with small flames on the cardboard brush box.
It had obviously been smoldering the whole time and the plywood shelf had a burn spot . I was able to brush everything, boxes and sawdust, into a bucket and take it out to the hose. If I had waited that box of brushes and the resin covered filet tools would have made nice kindling for the boat.
This is a lesson I almost learned the very hard way and I hope any of you who read this will be very careful with sawdust and tool bits which generate a lot of heat when used. I always clean my mess at the end of the day but will change that to "right after every job."