New WoodDuck added to the flock

I could never figure out why people would post "I launched my boat!" posts, but now after umpteen hours of work, sweat and epoxy dust, I know why.

We launched the boat last night, finally!

We even cristened it with a can of coke!

It is not quite done, at the hatch and seat still need finished, but was good enough to take out for a test drive before holiday time starts.

My writeup with some pictures is on my blog:

http://logicalphilosopher.blogspot.com/search/label/kayak

and on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cowans/sets/72157625679198625/with/5976220583/

Thanks for all your help - the boards were a great source of information and ideas on what to do. Seeing people's blogs and pictures als helped tremendously so make sure I knew what I was doing ("at least it looks the same..."

4 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: New WoodDuck added to the flock

Well done !!!!!!

Being a hot chocolate drinker, when I christianed my Wood Duck-12, I used Starbucks Hot Chocolate (After I drank half of it; the launching was in January !!!!)    ~BRUCE~

Congrats and welcome to the Wood Duck Fleet, your boat is a beauty!!  I christended mine with 2 fine Michigan micro brews, an Anglers Ale and an Oarsman Ale.  I only spilled a little of each on the boat and a friend of mine and myself consumed the rest!  It is a great feeling to launch the boat after all those hours, you should be proud!!

Rod

Welcome to the fleet. Good to see another one hit the water. You're going to have lots of fun with that one.

Laszlo

I like the red & white paint job w/matching red deck lines. It looks like you used/made recessed holds for the deck lines. Nice job.

I have only got out once so far this yr. with my WD but I am trying to get in time with one or more kids & borrowed kayak to go some more. 

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.