Mistakes

I just completed the deck of my Night Heron hybird. I made some measuremnet errors  where it came to connecting the strips to the cockpit coaming. Looks like crap (strip connections) but I am going to order some carbon fiber to place over my measuiremnet miscalculations. I think the end result will look pretty good. I am posting this to let first time builders know that boat building is indeed a forgiving process. You can make some real blunders but they can always be fixed. This is only my second build. You only learn through making mistakes  and figuring out soultions to what you may have thought was an irreversiable error.  

Mark 

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Mistakes

Well said.  And a lot of flaws that seem disasterous in the shop don't even get noticed on the water. -Wes

RE: Mistakes

"a lot of flaws that seem disasterous in the shop don't even get noticed on the water"

Heck, a lot of flaws don't even get noticed in the shop, because - if you're anything like me (and I'll pray for you if your are) - even worse flaws to come will eventually grab your attention. ;-)

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.