Well after several months, I am nearly there with my CH 18.
Today I put the front deck on, so it looks like only a few more weeks and it will hit the water.
I did a few customizations along the way, some of which won't be really obvious until I finish it.
Of note, I added a 2nd rear bulkhead, as I wanted a couple of "Day hatches" to store things I want to get to - such as food and water.
The other thing I did was to set up a Strong solution for my footbraces. I did not like the idea of drilling holes thru the hull and those "blind" bolts epoxied to the side just don't look strong enough for me - so a novel solution was needed, and I found one that I am very happy with - a lot of strength. I am adding a rudder, so I planned for the mounting of it early in the build process - and made sure that It would be secure.
Take a look at all my build pictures at
All pictures have a few comments so it should be pretty easy to follow the whole build process.