Shipping a Passagemaker

Okay, not about building but about shipping. What would be the best way to get a passagemaker from Mo to Fl. I have a shippers quote for a residence to residence shipment but the boat would have to be palletized. Cost is about $500. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

5 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: Shipping a Passagemaker

Check Ebay

The Mississippi to the Ohio to the Tom Bigby and Blackwater Rivers all the way to Mobile then the ICW east. Watch out for the gators. SEEYA Jack

Here's one way to look at it: est 1200 miles, @ 15 mpg = 80 gal gas x $4/gal = $380.  $500, palletized, doesn't sound too bad considering the price of  fuel.

Thanks for the inputs, except maybe the Ebay one, can't figure that out. I figured with the wife and I driving it would be 3 nights in motels plus gas, so the $500 plus a pallet doesn't sound too bad. I now just have to get the seller to do the pallet!

$500 is about in line with our experience.  We've shipped a lot of finished boats on freight trucks over the years.  A few of them have gotten completely smashed, and no amount of packaging would have prevented it, so be sure to buy insurance!

A wild thought is to post an ad offering to pay someone $200 (or pick a number) if they'll cartop the boat to the destination for you.  Might find someone who just happens to be going that way.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.