ANY MATUNUCKS IN NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA?

I will be seeing my son in Fountain Valley, California the same weekend that the CLC boat exhibit is in Newport Beach.  Is there anybody out there in that area that has a Matunuck?  I'd love to see another one or two or three.  And I'd love to go kayaking, too!  Anybody up for that?  I will be there September 1, 2 3, and 4.  Huntington Beach area is great.  The weather should be great, too. 

6 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: ANY MATUNUCKS IN NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA?

I know CLC is bringing their Matunuck, but you will probably not be able to get uot to the surf with that one.  Hope you find someone local.

I'll be there with my MC 16.5 (paddle or row) and my Shearwater 17H.  Working on getting a good turhout of our local kayak club.  See you there.

Paul

Hope to see you there.  I live near Sacramento, so I will be taking my own newly finished Matunuck to Lake Natomas demo.  But I'd love to see other boats in NB area.  Nice to know there is a kayak club there.  Do the members of your club make wooden kayaks, too?  Dawn

dawnanddaves,

I too am in the Sacramento area. I also have a MC 16.5 and am planning on going to the Lake Natomas demo.

I was just curious if there was a wooden kayak group in our area.

Ranger:

I don't know of any other wooden kayak groups in this area (Sac, Bay area).  Do you plan on river kayaking, as well?  And are you bringing your MC 16.5 to Lake Natomas, the Demo?  We will be there with our Matunucks. 

I'll be at lake Natoma for the Demo. We will have a group with about 5 MC 16.5's and a 13'.

I am interested in taking mine down the Lower American River when the water and time is right. (Not on a holiday, and when the river is running at a minimum of 2500cfs)

Otherwise, I have only been on flat water like Natoma, Amador, West Sac deep water channel and some farm ponds. I've been up to Caples lake & fished in some decent sized wind waves as well.

Ranger, I would like to take mine out to rivers, lakes, too.  Being wary of rocks, of course.  I have a sit on top and a West River, too.  It needs work.  Perhaps I will join your group.  I like to fish, too.  In fact, I am going to Kernville/Kern River soon, thought I would get in on a kayaking trip while I am there.  I would take my Matunuck but for the fear of getting it scratched, what with that fresh, soft varnish. 

But back to the business at hand (sanding), I cannot seem to get a clean, mirror finish with the varnishing.  I am about to give up and let it be; my garage isn't a paint booth, after all. 

See you at the demo.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.