PocketShip Tour (Proposed)

Thanks for all the leads and suggestions.  There's never enough time (or tire rubber) for all the good places to visit in a pocket cruiser, so this will have to be an annual wander. This particular tour is squeezed by a boatbuilding class in Maine on one side and a boatbuilding class in the Pacific NW on the other.

So this one will touch in the Upper Midwest.  Here's the draft itinerary:

Friday, August 20th:  South Haven, Michigan
From about noon into the evening, probably somewhere in or around the Maritime Museum

Sunday,  August 22nd:  White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Noon into the evening at Matoska Park

Monday, August 23rd:  Bayfield, Wisconsin
Afternoon and evening, in or around the Apostle Islands Marina, then sailing in the Apostles August 24th

Friday, August 27th:  Missoula, Montana
Just a roadside stop, if possible, sometime midday

Leaves out about a hundred places I want to stop with PocketShip, but this won't be the last cross-country PocketShip trip.

Stand by for more details here and elsewhere on the website.

2 replies:

« Previous Post       List of Posts       Next Post »

RE: PocketShip Tour (Proposed)

John,

If you push it just a bit more you could sail on Flathead Lake rather than sitting at the roadside in Missoula.  Just a thought.  I am sure you have had more suggestions than you cared to hear.  sounds like a great road trip.

Will miss you in Newport Beach.  I see your guys will not be bringing anMC 16.5 this year.  Fear not, mine will be there along with my SW 17H

Paul

RE: PocketShip Tour (Proposed)

The first of probably several updates:

Friday, August 20th:  South Haven, Michigan
From about noon into the evening, Black River Park.

I'm running on hearsay with Black River Park as a good put-in, but it LOOKS good, plenty of space, and hopefully not overrun on a Friday afternoon/evening.

« Previous Post     List of Posts     Next Post »

Please login or register to post a reply.