Arctic Hawk

Posted by Jim E on Dec 4, 2007

I have built an Arctic Hawk with the duct tape method. You do use some wire at the ends, but those bits get planed off later. I did have some trouble with the tape tearing the wood, but not enough to be noticable in the final finish. I probably left the tape on too long. It's more difficult than the wire method, since you have apply quite a bit of tension when putting the tape on, and adjustments require re-taping. Bulkheads were tacked in with hot glue, including some temporary extra forms that set the keel deadrise angle.

In Response to: errata by Dave Gentry on Dec 3, 2007


No Replies.


Special Financing with Blispay

 CLC's Fall Kit Sale