Builders' Forum Archives
Scratch Repair 101
Posted by Tim Clark on Sep 12, 2007
I wanted feedback on how I am going to perform touch-ups this winter on my beautiful kayak now replete with "designer scratches".
(Assuming fibergrlass has not bee damaged)
1. sand through varnish surrounding scratch.
2. One or more THIN coats of epoxy to restore protection and level.
3. Sand multiple times with ever finer sandpaper.
4. Final fine sanding of hull bottom.
5. Apply coats of varnish.
Am I missing anything?
- Re: Scratch Repair 101 by Jon T on Sep 13, 2007