Builders' Forum Archives
Ches 14 for SMALL child?
Posted by Whitney on May 18, 2007
I have plans for a Ches 14, and a six-year-old daughter/fish, and was pondering a few questions about the boat:
Can the plans safely be scaled down about 15% to better fit her current reach? Is there any practical reason I wouldn't be able to make the boat out of 3MM okume rather than 4MM? Any reason to not go with lighter 'glass cloth for this project - 2oz. deck, 4oz. hull?
I know a local custom builder who makes freakishly light S&G boats derived from various existing boats, including CLC and Guillemot, and all of the above were things that came up in conversation with him recently. I would dive right into it, but I don't have the longer-term experience and confidence I'd like to make that decision on my own.
- Re: Ches 14 for SMALL chi by Woodie on May 19, 2007
- Re: Ches 14 for SMALL chi by Dennis Rioux on May 19, 2007
- Re: Ches 14 for SMALL chi by Jon T on May 21, 2007
- Re: Ches 14 for SMALL chi by CLC on May 22, 2007
- Re: Ches 14 for SMALL chi by Whitney on Jun 4, 2007