Builders' Forum Archives
Re: Shearwater hull panel
Posted by CLC on Feb 10, 2007
Shearwaters and Sea Island Sports have puzzle joints. They're plenty strong, and end up 'glassed on both sides in the course of construction. Their shape and length is carefully calculated to result in fair curves in the panels.
People react differently to the appearance of puzzle joints. But everyone reacts the same way when it comes to actually assembling the things---it's delightfully quick and fool proof.
I like all of the various panel joining methods---scarfs, butt joints, puzzle joints---and all three approaches are used in our 30+ kit models. The reaction to puzzle joints has been so positive that we will gradually shift some models to that approach.
In Response to: Shearwater hull panels by Ingrid H on Feb 10, 2007
- Re: Shearwater hull panel by John Pollard on Feb 10, 2007
- Re: Shearwater hull panel by Bob Santore on Feb 10, 2007
- Re: Shearwater hull panel by CLC on Feb 10, 2007
- Re: Shearwater hull panel by Jim E on Feb 10, 2007
- Re: Shearwater hull panel by Camper on Feb 10, 2007