Builders' Forum Archives
Re: scotch-bright pads
Posted by Alan Speakman on Aug 19, 2006
* I've only used the "Brite Pads" a few dozen times, but I like them... they tend to hold up better than sandpaper in my experiences.
* They're good for wet sanding...
* If you're talking about the "Scotch-Brite Hand Pads", the maroon is 220 - 280 grit, and the white is 600 - 800... (http://users.ameritech.net/knives/grits.htm#scotch)
* In general, when a boat designer calls for a specific tool or abrasive, I listen very closely...
If you need a hand finding these products on the Web, give me a shout:
Best of luck!
In Response to: scotch-bright pads by travis on Aug 18, 2006
- Re: scotch-bright pads by mike noeske on Aug 19, 2006
- Re: scotch-bright pads by Camper on Aug 25, 2006