Why

Posted by Alan Speakman on Aug 15, 2006

Hi all,

You need to trust me here... This has everything to do with kayaks and CLC... Just give me a minute...

1AM yesterday morning I sat in an Intesive Care Unit with my wife... We sat beside her dad (a boating nut) as he started to slip away...

I drove back to Cape Cod from Worcester and arrived home at 3AM... At 9:30 this morning he was gone... And while we went thru this ordeal, we forlornly spoke or the thing we'd most rather be doing - working on our Mill Creek 13. It's funny how tough times have a way of revealing value... But value is what it is. At this point the little Mill Creek is virtually priceless.

A short time ago I sent a flaming post to CLC concerning the front deck of the MC... I apologize... CLC was right and I was wrong. Period. Really guys... I apologize... There's been a bit of stress on this end...

I guess my point here is that swirls in the varnish or sticky rudder pedals aren't the worst things in the world. Just make the craft safe and get it in the water....

And hope that you never, ever, have to sit in an ICU and long for a dusty garage filled with spiders and a little, half-built boat.

Alan

Replies: