Builders' Forum Archives
Posted by Alan Speakman on Aug 9, 2006
I'm probably going to start a firestorm of posts... But here goes...
Has anyone used the Vacu-Rak system (see link) for securing their kayak to the roof of their vehicle, and if so, do you have any words of wisdom? Now before anyone has a fit, there are additional considerations...
i.) The car/kayak will be padded appropriately.
ii.) The Kayak (an MC 13) will also be secured with additional bow and stern lines.
iii.) All trips will be 30 minutes or less, and vehicle speeds won't exceed 40 mph.
iv.) New Vacu-Raks only cost apx. $50 on eBay including shipping.
v.) I've tested mine and the holding power is remarkable.
Ok... Let the berating begin...
- Re: Vacu-Rak by Eric on Aug 9, 2006
- Re: Vacu-Rak by Jim E on Aug 9, 2006
- Re: Vacu-Rak by John Beck on Aug 10, 2006
- Re: Vacu-Rak by Kim on Jun 26, 2007
- Re: Vacu-Rak by Selwyn on Nov 19, 2007
- Re: Vacu-Rak by Laszlo on Nov 20, 2007