Builders' Forum Archives
CLC weak deckline design?
Posted by Adam Bolonsky on Jun 12, 2006
I looked carefully at CLC's design for deckline anchors and don't think 1" webbing and brass rings are adequate for the significant stress loads decklines have to incur during a long tow, contact tow, or self or assisted rescue.
Anybody else have the same or a different impression?
I've got an alternate design posted at paddlingtravelers.blogspot.com under the heading "anchors"
The design, by Dee Hall, uses brass plating with multiple holes for not only decklines but deck rigging. With some beneath-the-deck modifcations the design would work just as well with a non shear-clamp design.
Decklines are a serious safety issue if we take our kayaks out on the ocean in groups or solo....
- No. by CLC on Jun 12, 2006
- Re: CLC weak deckline des by Laszlo on Jun 12, 2006
- tow/rescue considerations by LeeG on Jun 12, 2006
- $.02 feedback by LeeG on Jun 12, 2006
- Re: CLC weak deckline des by FrankP on Jun 16, 2006