Re: In support of no supp

Posted by BobE on May 10, 2006

Actually that picture represents my brother Dave’s fine work – (for John H. – the other brother Darryl). It is a Ch 14 kit with typical homebuilder mods. The bulkheads have the fillets added prior to the deck going on so I wouldn’t call ‘em caps. We just find it easier to add deck fillets in this manor rather than reaching in after the deck is on. Lots of pic.’s available, (with a little prose), at his website, with more to come when he gets his computer back online.

We’ve played with everything from full deck beams to no beam and various combinations of glass and plywood stiffeners. It depends a lot on your intended use of the yak. I’m sure you’ll decide on a happy medium.

Way back – almost before I can remember – in the late 70’/early 80’s, I use to fly SSA sanctioned competitions in the fully glassed Standard class. Birds like the LS-1, LS-4, ASW15, Cirrus, etc. It was a ton of fun surfing the air with flight polars approaching 50:1. Landing in places like a Jimmy Carter peanut field and being help out by one of his secret service agents.

bare foot dave

In Response to: Re: In support of no supp by Chuck Rhodes on May 10, 2006

No Replies.

Special Financing with Blispay

CLC's Fall Kit Sale