Builders' Forum Archives
Foam Boat Construction?
Posted by Jesse on Feb 4, 2006
Having built two small duckboats, I find both too heavy for the long portage to my favorite hunting location. I'm considering using blue styrofoam /epoxy construction for a small (10') portable boat with 4mm plywood laminated to the floor and decks. I've used epoxy (System Three), but have no experience with blue styrofoam. Need help with cutting and gluing methods. Any body familiar with this stuff? How much does a 4'x8'x2" sheet weigh? What is the best laminating glue? Best methods for cutting and shaping? The effort is to keep weight down. The craft will be used in a quiet , shallow water marsh environment.
- Re: Foam Boat Constructio by Greg Swarthout on Feb 4, 2006
- Re: Foam Boat Constructio by Laszlo on Feb 5, 2006
- Re: Foam Boat Constructio by Mark Camp on Feb 5, 2006
- Re: check another place by Lance on Feb 6, 2006
- Re: Foam Boat Design by Jesse on Feb 6, 2006
- I didn't read the whole by Charlie Jones on Feb 11, 2006