Builders' Forum Archives
Posted by Chris J. on Jan 27, 2006
I noticed in the recent posting "Building Light" there were a few suggestions to reduce the size of the fillets to reduce weight. Do the fillets actually add much strength to the chine and keel joints or do they more provide just a radius for the cloth or tape to follow? One book that I have suggests using West System Microlite as a fillet filler but it's actually a fairing filler. I do like the smoothness of this mix but will it be strong enough to use in these areas?...so my question is - is it the fillet that holds her together or the tape and outer cloth/epoxy?
- depends by LeeG on Jan 27, 2006
- Re: Fillet Strength by CLC on Jan 27, 2006
- Re: Fillet Strength by Chris J. on Jan 27, 2006
- One more comment... by Robert N Pruden on Jan 28, 2006
- Re: Fillet Strength by Robert N Pruden on Jan 28, 2006