Re: Winter Weather Coming

Posted by terry on Sep 20, 2005

To all the paddlers way down south: Y'all take care down there this week, ya hear?

I lived for a year in Texas and a year in Florida. While in the latter back in '80, I had to pack all the belongings in our old van and head northwest across the state to flee a hurricane. Traffic was so bad we only got as far as town called Acadia, FL. We were exhausted in the middle of the night and just pulled into a parking lot of a strip mall and crashed in the back of the van (with 3 cats). The next morning the van was jostling and we heard a lot of deep, resonent moos at very close range. We looked out the window to see hundreds of big longhorn cattle around the van. The cats, of course, were going bananas. Guess they had to move the herd that morning. Many scracthes on the van, but the important news is that the hurricane skidded off the coast and missed our home in Lauderdale. How hard I wish the folks over on the Gulf were as fortunate a few weeks ago.

The very best of luck with Rita, to all of you who may need it. E-mail if there is anything we can do for you.

terry

In Response to: Winter Weather Coming! by Kurt Maurer on Sep 19, 2005

Replies:

No Replies.