Builders' Forum Archives
Re: Leaky hatch - RESULTS
Posted by LeeG on Aug 4, 2005
1. are you using webbing and fasteck buckles with flush hatches?
2. where are the anchors for the webbing located?
Consider relocating them to the hatch edge.
3. what is the type/thickness of the gasket material and are there ANY gaps where the two ends meet?
4. have you tried putting half round dowels under the edge of the hatch to increase the down force?
5. why won't you use the same mechanism as on the A. hawk (assuming these are flush hatches)? If they aren't flush hatches then moving the attachments inboard to the edge of the hatch will definately increase the down force without increasing the effort to close the fastek buckles.
In Response to: Leaky hatch - RESULTS by Ray on Aug 4, 2005