Builders' Forum Archives
Re: Oops! Hatch Stiffener
Posted by Monterey Matt on Jul 17, 2005
Thanks, guys. The solution presented itself when I discovered the original piece had snapped all the way through. I didn't have any scrap on hand other than the rest of the original stiffener, but when I measured it, it was less than an inch shorter than the original, so I just used it, and it seemed totally OK.
On a related note: I've said it before, I'll say it again -- ya just can't have too many clamps. I didn't have nearly enough small spring clamps for the hatch rims, used a lot of c-clamps and large spring clamps, and that made it very difficult to get a clean outside rim of epoxy-cabosil mixture for sealant. I'll sand down the gobs when the clamps come off and I'm doing my rounding over.
Man, nice to be back on the horse.
In Response to: Re: Oops! Hatch Stiffener by Doug on Jul 17, 2005