Builders' Forum Archives
Eatport Pram Help!
Posted by Wilke Nelson on Jul 4, 2005
I was sailing my Eastport pram on the first day of my vacation in Maine. Breeze was 10-15 knots and steady. A sudden gust came up and my maststep (I built the pram carefully from eastport the pram kit) splintered completely, leaving only a two pieces of wood on the bottom of the boat. The mast fell over and the force also broke the mast hole in the seat and the doubler. Two questions:
1. I am sure CLC built this to handle up to 15 knot breezes. The boat wasn't even close to capsize when it happened. What could I have done wrong? 2. How can I fix it and strengthen it so it doesn't happen again.
I want to fix it asap so I can sail on my vacation. I have access to tools, marine plywood and epoxy. What to do?
Any and all responses appreciated and desperately needed. Thanks in advance for your help.
- Re: Eatport Pram Help! by Steve Miller on Jul 4, 2005
- Re: Eatport Pram Help! by Wilke Nelson on Jul 4, 2005
- Re: Eatport Pram Help! by Greg Swarthout on Jul 4, 2005
- thicker mast step by mullman on Jul 4, 2005
- BTW, where in ME? by mullman on Jul 4, 2005
- Eastport Mast Step by CLC on Jul 5, 2005
- Re: Eastport Mast Step by Rob T on Jul 7, 2005