Builders' Forum Archives
new boat bottom trashed
Posted by patrick forrester on Jun 16, 2005
I just finished building my wr18. It is not varnished yet.
Anyway I took it out for a 3 day week end trip. http://www.virtualboss.net/pf/kayaking/05SouthBass.htm
when I was there I trashed the bottom of my new boat.
They say they can handle some abuse. I am not sure about this. I guess after a few seasons at this rate the bottom may have serious problems. Look at the results of 1 long week end of paddling in the picture linked to below.
Anyway I am currious what advice I can get about this. And I am curious of anybody has special advice on varnishing the bottom after trashing it.
Will I adversly effect the integety of the bottom by taking a who cares if it looks bad approach. I guess a major sanding and refiberglassing may be in order to keep it in good shape.
- Re: new boat bottom trash by LeeG on Jun 16, 2005
- Re: new boat bottom trash by Matt Croce on Jun 16, 2005
- MAtt: LMFAO !!!!!!!!! by Petewp on Jun 17, 2005
- Re: new boat bottom trash by Mac on Jun 17, 2005
- Re: new boat bottom trash by Harv on Jun 17, 2005
- Re: new boat bottom trash by george on Jun 17, 2005
- Read on, Patrick by Robert N Pruden on Jun 18, 2005