Re: Friggin' UPS!!!

Posted by J.Schott on Jun 13, 2005

I got the pics and all packing materials, so proof is not a problem. The package could have been a lot bigger and cushioned a lot better in my opinion. I also think, based on my experience, that the route a package takes makes a lot of difference. Before I got into kayaking I built 2 cars and several bikes all using mail and internet order parts. If a package passed through the M.D. hub (I can't remember the name of the location), it looked like it had been through a meat grinder. I have never gotten a damaged box from anywhere else. I have never had a problem unless it came from the north east. Another example, I ordered a set of wheels for my truck 4 months ago. They came the same route as the veneer. Four wheels were boxed in individual boxes they came in from the manufacturer and then placed in two boxes with cushioning. The outer boxes were trashed and peanuts were blowing all over my yard. The amazing thing was that two of the wheels that were in the same box were bent. The other two (in the other box) were ok. The attitude that Certianly Wood is taking is not helping either. I paid for A grade material and got a bunch of really pretty splinters. I guess the blame is shared by both parties. I'm the one paying for it now. I keep telling myself "it will all be worth it in the end". The new batch arrives tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.

In Response to: Re: Friggin' UPS!!! by epcprez on Jun 13, 2005

Replies:

No Replies.