Friggin' UPS!!!

Posted by J.Schott on Jun 13, 2005

About a year ago I was looking through an online catalog of veneers and came across one that stopped me in my tracks. It was, and is, Mottled Makore. So I decided to build another boat so I could use this stuff. Anyway, the boat is built and ready for the veneer. I ordered it last monday from Certainly Wood and all seemed to be going as planned, until thursday. My wife called me at work to let me know it was sitting in our front hall. I couldn't wait to get home to see if it looked as good as it did online. I walked in the back door and immediately started looking for the box, I felt like a kid at christmas. That feeling quickly vanished when I saw the condition of the box. I sat down and ate dinner because I knew what was going to happen when I opened it. Just as I suspected the veneer was beautiful, and crushed in five places. Seems that UPS used to support a much heavier package and shortened my box by 2 inches! I called Certainly Wood and got the "It's a problem between you and UPS". After reasoning with them, they agreed to send me some more and "we'll worry about the money part when the problem is resolved with UPS". Yeah right! They charged my card agian for yet more veneer. I don't know what my rights are, but this just seems wrong. CLC has spoiled me with their great service, and I've come to expect the same from everyone else. Next time I'll specify double boxing and I will not be buying any more supplies from Certainly Wood!

p.s. Sorry for the rant, I had to get it off my chest. I'm sooooo frustrated!!!

Replies: