Builders' Forum Archives
Posted by George K on May 8, 2005
The boat's not done, still need to sand, varnish and outfit, but wanted to get a few pics posted. Took longer to do the veneer than to build the boat! There are just over 125 pieces on the boat but I lost track along the way. Here's a run down on the woods I used:
Cherry (curly) - light colored leaves. Makore - dark leaves Bigleaf maple - small leaves (no veins) Sapele pommele swirl - stem Pacific madrone quilted burl - highlight on stem Bubinga - leaf stems
All veneers are from B&B Rare Woods (www.wood-veneers.com) Nice guys, lots of veneers, good service. Just like the guys at CLC! Well, except for that venner part but I understand it's on the way.
Hopefully the pics will work. If not I'll try again.
- Holy Cow! by CLC on May 8, 2005
- Re: WR 18 by Mac on May 8, 2005
- Re: WR 18 by Shuswap Pat on May 8, 2005
- Re: WR 18 by Pierce Davidson on May 8, 2005
- ......WATER? by Mark Dehnart on May 9, 2005
- Re: WR 18 by Mike M. on May 10, 2005
- Re: WR 18 by George K on May 11, 2005