Builders' Forum Archives
Bulkheads In or Out?
Posted by Matt Croce on Mar 25, 2005
I have stitched my CH16 together, and am going to be "tabbing" it to hold it together firmly before I fillet and tape the insides. Would it be advantageous (either for strength or simplicity of fiberglass work) to remove the bulkheads once the tabs are dry, and use continuous strips of tape, instead of using separate pieces of tape for the bow, cockpit and stern sections?
If you do use separate pieces, do you cut them to exactly the base of the bulkhead, or do you run them up the bulkhead a little bit to provide some reinforcement? (e.g. overlap the bulkhead by an inch or so)
- Re: Bulkheads In or Out? by Laszlo on Mar 26, 2005
- Re: Snotlike Mess by Mac on Mar 26, 2005
- Re: Bulkheads In or Out? by Matt Croce on Mar 26, 2005
- Re: Bulkheads In or Out? by Howard on Mar 26, 2005
- Re: Bulkheads In or Out? by Dave Houser on Mar 28, 2005