Builders' Forum Archives
Posted by Mark on Mar 14, 2005
I am building my first kayak (17LT) from a kit. Have had a couple of mistakes but have benefitted greatly from reading the forum.
I am at the point of installing foot braces. I really do not want to punch holes in the sides to mount them. I thought I saw where someone had expoxied a piece of plywood to the inside of their boat and mounted the foot braces on that. Can't find the thread or the picture now of course. I thought I would mount my footbraces on a 3/8 inch piece of plywood. Then epoxy that to the inside of the boat. Has anyone done that? Is it a good idea or bad?
- Re: Footbrace mounting by Alex Cohen on Mar 14, 2005
- Re: Footbrace mounting by Alex Ferguson on Mar 14, 2005
- Flush Mount Kit by CLC on Mar 14, 2005
- Re: Footbrace mounting by George on Mar 15, 2005
- Re: Footbrace mounting by Mark on Mar 15, 2005