Builders' Forum Archives
Posted by Ken Leffert on Feb 9, 2005
Don't know if this is even a varnish issue or not, but I used Captain's Varnish on my boat a little over a year ago, put it over what I thought was a perfectly smooth epoxy surface, wound up with a smooth finish, but now the weave is "printing through". For the experts here -- is that something that varies from varnish to varnish? Not enough fill coats on the epoxy?
The light reflection shows what I mean, that's a deck nail in the pic also (for scale).
Probably not a real problem, just needs a little wetsanding & another coat of varnish (not the fix I chose, but that's a whole 'nuther book), it might be helpful to know if one varnish or another behaves differently over time.....
In Response to: varnish by Karl on Feb 9, 2005
- Re: varnish by Kyle T on Feb 9, 2005
Re: varnish by Doug Judd on Feb 9, 2005
- Re: varnish by refinancing on Feb 15, 2005
- Varnish? Print-Through??? by Kurt Maurer on Feb 10, 2005
- Re: varnish by Doug Judd on Feb 9, 2005
- Re: Imprinting by Dave Houser on Feb 9, 2005