Re: epoxy fumes

Posted by Ken Leffert on Dec 18, 2004

You have no doubt read the info available on MAS Epoxies website, but I'm posting a link to it here for those who haven't.

I hesitate to comment on your concerns, as I built my boat in a garage during warm weather, I did wear gloves anytime working with the liquids, a respirator only when sanding.

Would like to point out that your concern over safety makes you a very unlikely candidate to have any problems.....people who discount the hazards of epoxy are the ones who get in trouble. Not having a space to build in right now, I wish I had a basement with a couple of windows. If I could rig up something with the ventilation power of, say, a bathroom vent (which is about 50 to 100 cubic feet per minute for a residential bathroom), maybe a little more for a larger basement, I'd build in it atleast as long as I didn't notice any problems. Keep a little ventilation, keep the stuff off your skin, don't sand uncured epoxy, and wear a mask when sanding.

I'd also do everything I could to forget about that Mid-February deadline.....take your time, this building thing is fun. If you just have to paddle, buy you an old beater, it'll make you appreciate your boat even more!

http://www.masepoxies.com/safety.htm

In Response to: epoxy fumes by Paul Buelterman on Dec 18, 2004

Replies:

• Re: epoxy fumes by Doug Judd on Dec 18, 2004
  • by on
  • by on
  • by on
  • by on
  • by on
  • by on
  • by on
  • by on