Builders' Forum Archives
OK Wood Experts
Posted by Mac on Oct 18, 2004
How come ply made from a soft wood like Fir is heavier than that made from a hardwood like Mahogony given the same dimensions?
I get asked this all the time when I say that my kayak is made of Okoume (Plantation Mahogony) "Wow, isn't that heavy? Does it float? etc.)
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but look who's asking....
In Response to: Re: Doug Fir vs Okume by Terry Mcadams on Oct 18, 2004
- Re: OK Wood Experts by Terry Mcadams on Oct 18, 2004
- Re: OK Wood Experts by Steve Miller on Oct 18, 2004
- Re: OK Wood Experts by Laszlo on Oct 18, 2004
- The Real Reason by Kurt Maurer on Oct 18, 2004
- Tsk Tsk Tsk by Mac on Oct 18, 2004
- Okoume isn't Mahogany by Charlie Jones on Oct 19, 2004