Re: ch 17 - putting it of

Posted by Kurt Maurer on Oct 6, 2004

Nancy sez:

"Of course, its 4 inches shorter than in the plans (oops), and I painted the sides to cover a less than perfect scarf joint."

But also said in her post:

"...and now I have an excellent kayak, that cuts through the water like a dream."

Sounds like nuff said, to me. So what if you make a mistake here and there?

Here's another way to look at it: just concentrate on making a boat that float, and is reasonably straight and fair. That ought to be easy enough to accomplish. If it looks like crap, it will still perform as well as, or even outperform, just about anything else on the water due to its light weight and stiffness. And I am referring to high-dollar composite sea kayaks. Tell yourself the *second* boat will be where you go for good looks.

Chances are your first boat will look just fine. I get compliments on my 2 1/2-week hybrid, and the hull scarf joints are ALL sucky looking, bigtime! But nobody ever notices... not even ME.

Take a chill pill dude, and try relaxing and enjoying the process. Might also consider seeing your doctor to make sure stress isn't killing you even as we speak. Finish the stinkin' boat, then go paddling in it. You need and deserve it, and will become mellow in no time.

In the meantime, we've got your back. Just holler if we can help in any way.

Cheers, Kurt

http://members.aol.com/funyfrm/images/d91_1.jpg

Pair O' Mill Creeks Project

In Response to: Re: ch 17 - putting it of by Nancy on Oct 6, 2004

Replies: