Builders' Forum Archives
Posted by Rob Johnston on Sep 7, 2004
My son and I have been building a CH16 for about a year now and we took it to the local lake for the first time on Saturday. What a great feeling to be out there on the water on something built by hand like that.
Since this is our only kayak, we took turns on it, so didn't get a long time to really get use to it. She seemed to paddle very well, fairly effortless. She didn't track perfectly, but I was getting the feeling for that, it seemed based on how I was leaning. My real concern was that it seemed a little tippy. I realize that at 200lbs, I'm a bit bigger then is recommended for a ch16. I guess something I need to get used to if I'm going to use it much.
- Re: First Paddle!!!! by LeeG on Sep 7, 2004
- Re: First Paddle!!!! by Terry Mcadams on Sep 7, 2004
- Re: First Paddle!!!! by Mac on Sep 7, 2004
- Re: First Paddle!!!! by Tony Calvert on Sep 7, 2004
- Re: First Paddle!!!! by Petewp on Sep 9, 2004